Monday, March 21, 2005

I can't believe this...

Maybe it's an Irish thing to believe in omens. I'm five generations removed from the emerald isle, but I still look for signs that I'm doing the right thing. It doesn't take much. Recently, while driving somewhere in my car, I was pondering a decision I needed to make. A song came on the radio that seemed to provide the answer. When it was over and I changed stations, the same song was playing. On the grand cosmic scale, it wasn't a huge deal, but it helped me feel better about what I had decided.

So, here I am about to embark on the Body for Life Challenge. After a month of contemplation and planning, I finally pick the start date and publish it on my web site. I start this blog, a first for me, I might add. And now I'm sick as a dog.

Let me put this in perspective. This is my first sick day from work in over three years. I'm never sick. My fitness has deteriorated over time, but my health has always been good. I have eight days to recover before my proposed start date. Cheryl and I were planning on doing our "before" pictures this Sunday (yes, I know, it's Easter, but we thought we could work it in). I know this is petty, but I've lost weight over the last four days. I'll probably gain most of it back when I get over this, but it seems unfair that my healthy weight won't be my starting point. Damn!

I guess I'm going to proceed as if all of this will work out...and wait for an omen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home