Saturday, June 18, 2005

Final Weight Workout!

This morning was my final weight workout of the Body for Life Challenge.! Hmmm...immediately, I feel the need to qualify that statement. First, I plan to do an abbreviated weight workout before the photo shoot, which, ideally, will be tomorrow, so this is actually the final official weight workout of the Body for Life Challenge. Second, I am planning on doing my second challenge almost immediately and I will continue working out whether I start the next challenge right away or wait a few weeks. So this isn't my final workout in the Body for Life Challenge, just the final workout in this Challenge.

Having gotten through all the disclaimers, I still have to say that I'm excited to be this close to finishing. I checked my weight this morning and I'm actually down close to twelve pounds from the start of the challenge. Of course, that could change tomorrow, but I'm pretty happy about that. The scale estimated my body fat pretty high, but it varies a lot depending on how well hydrated you are. I've gotten much better body fat numbers from it in the early evening right before a meal than first thing in the morning.

I finished my weight workout, did my supplements and my post-workout Myoplex shake, then I went out in the sun for about an hour and a half to hopefully get a little bit more tan for the pictures. (Yes, I can hear Cheryl laughing as she reads this. I guess I really have become Zonker Harris). I'm going to go swim some laps to burn a few random calories.

Wow, I'm excited, psyched, weary, tired, sleepy, jazzed, buzzed, fired-up, mellowed out, tuned-in, turned-up, proud, flustered, focused, calm, nervous, centered, zenned, tai-chi'ed, tae bo'ed, here, there and everywhere all at once! I don't know what to feel. But, general....

I feel good!!! (as he starts singing the James Brown song) More tomorrow....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home