Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Is there a point? You decide...

I'm sitting here trying to condense my thoughts into something that resembles a point and I'm not finding one. Usually, when I get ready to write my blog entries, a theme emerges in my mind and the various current events seem to magically come together to support that theme. So, for once, I'll just throw some random thoughts down and you can decide if there is any point to any of them.

I've been working on the swimming pool for almost a week now. As of tonight, there is actually water going into it. It's a frustrating process. You start with a mess of a pool that's been un-covered all Winter. You drain out all the water with the pump, but that quits as you get down to the last few gallons. So you bail by hand. Might I mention that the last few gallons of water contain all the dirt and debris that was originally contained in 22,000 gallons of water. It's not pleasant. So, once the pool is completely empty, then you can refill it. Hmmm...I bet some sort of analogy can be made to body transformation. How about.... Nah, nevermind. Moving on.

I have been trying out different CD's for my stationary bike workouts. The Ataris "So Long Astoria" has turned out to be a good choice if you skip the slow songs. I also like Van Halen, particularly "5150" and "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge". For weight workouts, I can listen to almost anything, but on the bike I need something that moves.

I kicked off this week (week nine, can you believe it?) with a couple of good workouts. I think I did one of my best upper body workouts on Tuesday, and I had a pretty good ride on the bike this morning. I need to work on getting more sleep though. I'm really dragging this week. Thankfully, we have a three day weekend coming up.

We're supposed to take nine week pictures this weekend, with a backdrop and studio lighting and everything, but we don't know if we'll have a camera. It's still in the shop. I hope we can get it back in time. We've already delayed this a week.

According to the Tanita body fat scale, my body fat is up. According to the calipers, it's down. I tend to trust the calipers, since they are measuring the fat directly. But the Tanita has been pretty consistent until now. Ah well, I knew it was unreliable when I bought it. It was just for fun.

Okay, I haven't come up with a central theme yet, except to say tha a lot is going on right now. The real trick is to stay focused. We're so close to finishing this thing. I'm starting to feel the excitement finally!

But first, some sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home