Tuesday, May 17, 2005

A pain in the...shoulder

Today, I woke up with a muscle knotted up underneath my left shoulder blade. I don't know if this is from hitting golf balls after work yesterday, mowing the grass the day before, or just sleeping funny last night. Whatever the cause, I've been in pain all day. Even now, it's starting to loosen up a little, but other parts of my back have begun to hurt, probably from the way I've been sitting all day to try to take pressure off the sore spot. I'm supposed to do weights tonight. Even though it's the lower body, I don't know if I'm going to be able to. I guess we'll see.

Other than that, I feel pretty good. I have an audition tonight for the musical "The Music Man". If I get into that show, it will be a real test of my resolve to stay with Body for Life since I will have to work my workouts around both my work schedule and my rehearsal schedule. I knew this was coming though, so I have planned for it as much as possible. The biggest trick will be getting enough sleep, although that's already a problem, so maybe this will actually help.

Today, I'm feeling sort of like I'm in the "no man's land" of my Body for Life challenge. I'm far enough in that the newness has worn off and far enough from the end that I'm not really seeing that as a motivator yet. I'm trying to keep my interest up with research on the internet and with some minor tweaks to the program, but, mostly, I'm just a little bored right now. We've put off our eight week pictures to nine weeks, and I really want to look good in them. But even that seems to be in the distant future.

Well, there's nothing to do about it but keep working and keep looking for inspiration. For today, I have a workout to try to do, despite some serious soreness, and then I have to rush off to an audition. No time for sulking. Gotta run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home