Friday, May 20, 2005

Live Strong, Midnight workouts, Dancing Fool

Well, I was a little concerned about my weigh-in this week. It showed my weight dropping while my body fat percentage didn't change much. This could mean that I lost some lean body mass (in other words, muscle) since the last measurements. What it probably means is that the measurements are questionable. I guess we'll see what direction they go next week. I wasn't too happy with my level of activity or my eating plan last week. But things are still moving forward, so I won't obsess about it yet.

I love European bicycle racing! I'm the only person I know who does. Cheryl endures my endless ranting about it during the Tour de France. Most people think that racing a bike is simply going faster than everyone else, but it's much more complicated than that. It involves teamwork, politics, rivalries, individual heroics, timing and amazing athletic ability. The reason Lance Armstrong does so well in the European cycling community is that he's from Texas, so he already has the bizarre combination of humility and bravado that the cycling fans demand.

Well, Wednesday morning on the exercise bike, I decided I was Lance Armstrong in the mountains of France. I raised most of my resistance levels and held the higher ones longer. I burned more calories in 30 minutes than I ever have and kept my heart rate in the training zone for much longer. It was exhausting, but it was fun!

Last night was the third night of auditions for the summer musical that I'm trying to get into. I decided to go early and do the dancing part of the audition, although I'm not really a dancer. When they asked if anyone could do any gymnastics, I turned a pretty good cartwheel/round-off for a forty-one year old. I worked late and couldn't get my workout in before I had to be there. When I finally got home and got ready to the workout, it was midnight. So, I hefted the weights and waded into my upper body workout despite the strong urge to forget about it and go to bed. Some of my lifts were pretty weak, but I felt better for having done it after I finished.

Incidentally, I got the part. I hope keeping up with my exercise program doesn't get too crazy. I'm going to have some busy times ahead.

Ah well, I have things to do. Although sleep seems like an attractive option. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home