Thursday, July 14, 2005

Life on the Run

Today is a weight workout day. I leave work about five minutes from now, at 4:30pm. With luck, I'll be home before 5pm, hit the weights by about 5:15pm, finish my workout by about 6:00pm, ingest my supplements and nutrition shake and hopefully get in a quick shower so I can leave the house by about 6:20pm so I can be at the theater for a 6:45pm warmup and a 7pm rehearsal. Tomorrow morning, I'll try to get on the exercise bike by about 6:05am so that I can do my workout, get ready, drive to work and be at my desk close to 7:30am. In another week, this whole schedule gets a notch tighter when the show enters what we call "tech week", which consists of longer rehearsals while the technical things like lights, sound effects and scene changes are all added and fine-tuned. I'm way behind on sleep, but I'm determined to keep this going. Once the show's over, it will probably feel like I have an entire extra day every day!

I bought two CD's over the weekend. One is I on U by Neil Schon, lead guitarist for Journey. It's a sort of "rock meets jazz" thing, very good to workout to. The other one is the debut from the band Keane, which you might have heard on the radio. I listened to the CD at Borders and decided to buy it. Even though I play the guitar, I love the piano. Five for Fighting is another recent favorite of mine because of that (their new one, the Battle for Everything, is another regular to workout to).

Well, I have to run. I'm late, I'm late, for a very important....weight....workout....nevermind....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home