Thursday, December 01, 2005

Really really overscheduled!!!

So, first off, I started my new challenge early because I just couldn't wait to get back to the process. So, I actually began November 8th. I've missed some workouts and I've struggled with the eating plan, but I decided perfection wasn't so important as just doing the thing.

Meanwhile, I'm involved in several projects at once, including shooting photos for a friend's car club calendar, publishing three of my own calendars on lulu.com, compiling a book of short stories for publication and working on a novel. And I might be doing another play in the near future. Craziness.

It's funny. Our society talks about turning forty as the beginning of the end. But, in a lot of ways, I think I'm living more than when I was in my thirties. I'm considering writing a book about it (as if I needed another project) called something like "The Myth about Forty". I do know that I'm in better shape than I've been in a long time.

I was sorting through some pictures for one of my calendar projects and came across my before pictures from my original Body for Life challenge. There was one of me in jeans from the back and I was amazed at how much fat was hanging over the waistband of my jeans. I'm not in perfect shape, and perhaps I never will be, but I've really come a long way.

Had a good upper body workout tonight. I'm trying to hold off the holiday weight gain. I need to start getting up and doing my aerobic stuff before work, but it's cold in the mornings. Brrrr....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home